Saturday, January 07, 2006

It's good to read the boys in Monaco are doing well. Trebon even sent me a note saying thanks for getting them set up in the dope Kona pad in Monaco. Of course Russ Carty of Kona Europe was a help to them too making sure they got in there ok. Here in the Pac NW yes it's still raining. We had two days of broken clouds but it is back to downright pissing again. But I got back out on the bike as usual. I have too. Next Saturday is my annual Birthday ride and I gotta to keep somewhat fit to keep up with Shit Ball Assembly Guy, Wildabeast, Fast Eddy, Slow Dale and the rest of the posse.

But I know how to keep them in check for the most part. I find the greasiest nastiest single track and that becomes the up route. At least there my old age and wisdom (and the occaisional well timed brake check) keeps me at the front. But for the most part they are all pretty respectful of the old man Marko. That or they are way too wired from all the Espresso and can't keep their balance at such a slow pace.

It sure is good to get all the posse back together again at least once a year. We meet at my pad, drink copius amounts of Spro and head for the trails. It's always especially good to see Shit Ball Assembly Guy. He used to wrench for me back in the day when I was managing a bike shop. When he came to us he was a poor lost soul riding a MT. Shasta Pachanga Comp with the seat post fused in one spot.

You see I was building the brand new Paramount S90 with the new Sountour XC Pro 8 Speed stuff and SAG was off to a to get another Scwhinn Woodlands or something.
He was all bummed out on assembling $300 Schwinn High Plains and was feeling all unappreciated.And me with my all knowing tact ribbed right into him saying "Yeah right EA, you're just a shit ball assembly guy to me...." Somehow the name stuck.

But now he kicks my ass. For years I was the Soulmaster MP and he the Grasshopper. I'll not forget the first day he schooled me. A good day and a bad day all rolled into one. I guess what can you expect from the guy that introduced me to my wife.

But ole Shitball Assembly Guy (SAG) earned my respect for good one day. See I've never seen my buddy the Wildabeast ever get pissed. But SAG had the farts soooooo bad from too many beers at the 3B and he was just killing us all in the shop. Finally Wildabeast with all sincerity and aggression I've ever seen from him said if SAG didn't go fart outside he was going to kick his ass.

Then he promptly showed him a scooter that from there forward was known as the fart scooter. And he was damn serious about making sure the thing was ridden out the front door before flatulance was commenced. SAG always had this silly smile on his face as he scooted out to front door to break wind especially as he scooted past the college babes hanging out in the coffee shop that was part of the shop.

Ohhh those were the days....well maybe not but they sure are good to remember once and again. Now I gotta go lube my rear derailleur cable so I can ride tomorrow. It has become so sticky I fear I'll bust my shifter trying to change gears. Nothing like the Pacific NW....at least we get to ride all year long.

Ta Ta For now.

Peace,

Parole Officer MP

No comments: