Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Sea Otter, Plane Flights the World Champ and more. Whoa what a bunch of craziness in Monterey, in between and since! It's been a while since the last update but my time flies.

Sea Otter once again was the typical watch the West and hope the clouds don't let loose. Well they already had been and that made for a complete mudfest. Yeah you've heard the racers whine about it but let me tell ya it aint no picnic for the wrench and the rest of the team.

Right down to Trebon's mud caked baggy shorts from the STX, sitting in the middle of the trailer floor...(By the way Bone they're hanging in your locker stewing nicely and waiting for you in Fontana.)

For the most part events like this with so many people, adverse weather and the general free for all that ensues all you hope for organized chaos at best. We're pretty good at that so it was biz as usual at the Kona Compound. The keg taps worked great all week-end so that was a real plus. Thanks Kona Brewing Company!

Seeing the whole team in one spot is really cool too. It's not often all the Kona teams hang in the same place and it was killer to see them all again. The Velo-Bella Kona gals kept it going all week-end and they sure brought some serious fun to the equation. I got to play driver for Gibby during the photo shoot for the road team and I tell ya those gals are a hoot & cool!

Maybe I'll post some more on this later. Well maybe.

The flight back was hell. ONCE AGAIN ALASKA AIR WAS LATE! Yeah like three hours late, then could only book me on stand by and I ended up waiting forever in San Jose Airport. At least E Double D Y was stuck too and I had someone to chill with. But then I got screwed on Standby in Seatac and had to rent a car in Seattle and drive back. Lame. Like the $6 voucher to the lame SJ airport food court really made me feel more like a valued customer. Whatever.

So that's what I know for now.


Peace Out,

MP

2 comments:

Brent said...

nice photo of the Bellas.

nicknameless said...

updates?? ;)