Saturday, January 20, 2007

Yeah, it's been a long time. But hey we all get busy and there is tons to catch up on so here we go. Fitting it's about time for me to fire this here ole blog again since it was this time last year it started with the Old Goat Ride my annual B'day ride post. The ride is just around the corner coming up here January 27th, 2007. I'm looking forward to a good long muddy ride with some buds.

There's tons to share too on the whole Kona team front. What a crazy year. 7 National Champions, World Cup Overall Winner, Triple Crown-USA National Championship and a District Ride Winner to boot. It's nuts trying to keep up with all the good things our team has been doing.

Right now we got guys Barry, Ryan and Erik T. over in Belgium getting ready to battle at worlds. Matson is wrenching for the US team. Pretty cool, I bet he's working his ass off as I type. Man I wish I was going but I'll have to watch afar this year. It's been really nice to get some family time in and the travel season is coming up here shortly.

We've had tons of snow in B'ham this year. Nothing compare to places that really get snow but for us it's been a lot and when you aren't really set up for it gets old sooner than later. The roads have been crazy and really slowed the riding some. I get pretty stir crazy with it after a while. So do the kids and wife so now all the snow is gone and it's all good.

So, I had a great cross ride today. The perfect mix of pavement and Greenways. I tell ya Bellingham has it good. There are miles and miles of trail that link up through the city and the cyclocross bike is the perfect machine for it. It was sunny and tons of folks were out. They were all smiling. It was cool too see all the people out and about, getting some exercise, taking in the view or playing at the park. It was a good day.

That's it for now.

Peace Out,

Marko

No comments: