Friday, January 26, 2007

OK-I OWE BARRY THE WICKNASTY SOME LOVE.

I diss'd him in my last post in my own parole officer, Den Mother type way with nothing but love intended. I mean after all I did say he was going to uncork one at worlds. I still think he will.

But he did send me some mail letting me know he pulled out of the race in Hoogeeerrrheeideeee due to the fact that he had only a summer skinsuit to race in. Seems one of the many star alliance airlines thought it would be funny to lose his bags for him. Thus he didn't get his kits and other stuff until three days after the event. I should have known better. Wicknasty wouldn't puss out without good reason and he let me know straight up.



So here we just hours away for the big big show, really big show. Sounds like the course is becoming more and more Tonkinator like with each hour. Heavy nasty mud. Nice. Maybe it will bode well for the Tree Farm and Wicks too. They'll revert back to the old days of Pacific Northwest brotherhood when they were just wee little grasshopper students of Master Tonkin.

Use the force kids. Dig deep and suffer, suffer, suffer. And when you have suffered all you can it's time to turn down the suck nob for the big time finish.

I know the Kona boys are going to roll and roll tough.

Peace Out,

Marko

2 comments:

Tonkin said...

What's so cool about the Kona cross squad (other than how well it sounds rolling off the tongue) is that it'sd a family. I hope everybody else out there can see how much Marko (aka Parole Officer or Den Mother) truly loves his riders, that he's genuinely proud of all us. It's tough to get on the team, but once you're there, you're a lifer--and that's a good thing.

Brent said...

yah. Mark brags about his team all the time. Rightly so.

Sorry to hear wicks didn't get his bags. Hope he had some fresh clothes to wear in the mean time.